Friday, February 1, 2013

Have a Cozy Weekend!


"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt

This is how I'm looking at this super intimidating class I'm currently taking. About ten minutes into the class, and I was ready to drop it. I looked at the bios of the other students later and they were either ivy leaguers or had impressive positions and impressive companies. BUT...I decided to stick with it because once it's done, I will have (hopefully) passed and the overwhelming amount of apprehension will turn into an equally high sense of accomplishment.

Also, it was too late to drop the class and still get a refund.

Anyway, that's my pep talk to myself. Wish me luck, please! Is there something you want to conquer, but feel like it's too scary?  You can do it!!

Some links from around the world (wide web)!

Buy - Grand Central Station turns 100 years old today, and to celebrate, they're offering 1913 prices. 13 cent mussels! 19 cent cheesecake! 10 cent gelato! Happy Birthday GC! 

Do - Hot chocolate month is back!!!

Get - Food-inspired office supplies to add a little fun to your cube

Melt - Cute kids, in cute costumes, cute Kate Micucci, and a ukelele.

Help - Want to practice your German or Italian, test your grammar skills, or put that Art History degree to use, all for a good cause? This site let's you test yourself, and hopefully teach yourself, while donating rice to the hungry with every correct answer. Awesome, right?

Picture via Pinterest

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...